Light Plethysmograph : Breadboard experiment [with manual]
Light Plethysmograph measures the reflection from or transmission through a capillary bed like the fingertip or ear lobe. It can provide a signal that indicates pulsatile changes of the volume of blood in the capillary bed. This technique consists of a light source and photodetector and can be used to observe heart beat rate or cardiac cycles.
- Transmittance sensor probe to fit on fingertip
- Sensor consists of Red LED and matching Photodiode
- System includes breadboard and components
- Need external power supply [5V]
- Output signal can be observed using oscilloscope or DAQ system
- The user manual describes the mechanism of this technique with circuit diagrams.